Community, Parents, and Guardians
An exemplary school district partners with the larger community that includes parents, businesses, government units and community members. At the core of this is the recognition and acceptance that strong schools are important not just for the students, but for the community as a whole. In order to develop community allegiance, support, and ownership in the schools, the District 26 community will:
- Communicate openly and transparently using a variety of methods.
- Recognize the benefit of feedback from the public.
- Provide support, opportunities and encouragement for community members to become engaged in the district.
- Encourage parents to be active and involved in student learning both inside and outside of the classroom.
- Partner with parent and community organizations to further student learning opportunities.
- Collaborate with the extended community to create real world learning opportunities.