Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
An exemplary school district challenges students with a common, consistent, and comprehensive curriculum that stimulates the desire for continued learning throughout life. To achieve this, the District 26 community will:
- Teach critical content in all curricular areas to ensure mastery.
- Provide curriculum and instruction in core subjects.
- Improve student access to non-core subjects (specials).
- Provide students with learning experiences which will strengthen their individuality, initiative, and creativity.
- Ensure educators know and use best practices of instruction and assessment.
- Monitor and assess each student’s progress for the purpose of improving student achievement.
- Make data driven decisions regarding curriculum and instruction.
- Integrate technology strategically and consistently in the learning process.