An exemplary school district ensures that all of its students achieve their academic potential, foster social/emotional growth, respect the uniqueness of each student, and develop a commitment to the community. To achieve this, the District 26 community will:
- Encourage students to be creative and take intellectual risks.
- Expect students to demonstrate and accept responsibility for their learning, decisions and actions.
- Celebrate student achievements in academic, co-curricular, and extra-curricular endeavors.
- Provide opportunities for students to develop leadership skills.
- Empower students to set goals to drive their achievement through identifying their academic strengths and challenges.
- Provide opportunities for students to be proficient users of technology and to understand its potential benefits and risks.
- Guide and support students as they learn to work collaboratively and respectfully with peers and adults.
- Provide students with learning experiences which will prepare them to become responsible citizens.