Healthful Eating For Your Family
Healthful eating is important to you. After all, you want your family to have energy, be healthy, and stay well. You want your family to grow properly. You control your family's food choices more than you think.Guidelines. . . .For Your Family's Health! The Dietary Guidelines for Americans can be your family's guide to smart eating and active living. This advice is meant for anyone in your family, ages two and over.Aim for Fitness. . . .
Build a Healthy Base. . . .
- Aim for a healthy weight
- Be physically active each day
Choose Sensibly. . . .
- Let the Pyramid guide your food choices
- Choose a variety of grains daily, especially whole grains
- Choose a variety of fruits and vegetables daily
- Keep food safe to eat
Try This: For more about the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, check this website: http://www.cnpp.usda.govProvided by Nibbles for Health 1: Nutrition Newsletter for Parents of Young Children, USDA, Food and Nutrition Service.
- Choose a diet that is low in saturated fat and cholesterol and moderate in total fat.
- Choose beverages and foods to moderate your intake of sugars.
- Choose and prepare foods with less salt.