An exemplary school district ensures that all of its students achieve their academic potential, foster social/emotional growth, respect the uniqueness of each student, and develop a commitment to the community. To achieve this, the District 26 community will:
• Encourage students to be creative and take intellectual risks.
• Expect students to demonstrate and accept responsibility for their learning, decisions and actions.
• Celebrate student achievements in academic, co-curricular, and extra-curricular endeavors.
• Provide opportunities for students to develop leadership skills.
• Empower students to set goals to drive their achievement through identifying their academic strengths and challenges.
• Provide opportunities for students to be proficient users of technology and to understand its potential benefits and risks.
• Guide and support students as they learn to work collaboratively and respectfully with peers and adults.