An exemplary school district challenges students with a common, consistent, and comprehensive curriculum that stimulates the desire for continued learning throughout life. To achieve this, the District 26 community will:
• Teach critical content in all curricular areas to ensure mastery.
• Provide curriculum and instruction in core subjects.
• Improve student access to non-core subjects (specials).
• Provide students with learning experiences which will strengthen their individuality, initiative, and creativity.
• Ensure educators know and use best practices of instruction and assessment.
• Monitor and assess each student’s progress for the purpose of improving student achievement.
• Make data driven decisions regarding curriculum and instruction.
• Integrate technology strategically and consistently in the learning process.
Learning Standards- Alligned to the Illinois Common Core
Director of Curriculum
Common Core and NGSS Links
IL State Board of Education Learning Standard Links
Helpful Tools for Parents