Cary School District 26 and our community recognize that technology is an integral part of our global society. As the curriculum evolves, we will retain the flexibility to adapt technology in order to create an advanced learning environment that supports ongoing engaged learning and increased learner achievement. The integration of technology into the curriculum will empower our community of learners to access and utilize technology as a tool to promote educational excellence, opportunities, and communication.
here to view the 2012-2015 Technology Integration Plan that was submitted to the State of Illinois on February 28, 2012 and approved on April 10, 2012.
(1) Safe and responsible use of social networking websites, chat rooms, electronic mail, bulletin boards, instant messaging, and other means of communication on the Internet.
(2) Recognizing, avoiding, and reporting online solicitations of students, their classmates, and their friends by sexual predators.
(3) Risks of transmitting personal information on the Internet.
(4) Recognizing and avoiding unsolicited or deceptive communications received online.
(5) Recognizing and reporting online harassment and cyber-bullying.
(6) Reporting illegal activities and communications on the Internet.
(7) Copyright laws on written materials, photographs, music, and video.
A copy of the complete bill can be found here.
Internet Safety Links
Children (Grades K-6)
Teens (Grades 7-12)